23 August 2008

COFIA CUNEDDA founding father of Cymru.

.

Photos shown here are of statue of Charlemagne near Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris. I took these on my trip to Paris in May. Other photos of this Paris outing are scattered accross a number of my blogs. No doubt sooner or later you will come across them, you will find them on Red Rembrancer, The Welsh Patriot, I'r Gad - Welsh Battlefield Campaign and in Welsh Remembrancer. Took so many photos to share with you, but for now lets get back to Charlamagne, founding father of ''Frankish France''. See below link to Charlemagne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaHe is numbered as Charles I in the regnal lists of France, Germany, ... It was during one of these campaigns that Charlemagne experienced the worst defeat ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne - 201k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
.

.
Does this not inspire Y Cymru to want a similar statue of Cunedda and his sons, but where would such be best sited? Perhaps Mynydd y Garreg, Cydweli near Allt Cunedda or perhaps some where in the North, but where? Anyone got any ideas where best and of course historically appropriate. Whatever, I am sure this project is more worthy of your support and GRANTS, that those dozy LANDMARK WALES projects. Further, see my photos of Adpar and the Magyar chiefs, founders of Hungary, up on one of my blogs, but cannot remember which one?
.










































.
Gethin.